Wednesday, May 20, 2009

LaBoR INDUCING SaLaD


Yesterday, Bec sent Kayden a recipe that supposedly induces labor. I've heard about it before, I guess a cafe in California calls it the Maternity Salad because the pregnant woment who eat it go in to labor pretty quickly after. Therefore, I was ordered by Kayden to make this salad TODAY- he even called and reminded me!! LOL



It consists of:


  1. European Salad Mix- the more sprouts and weeds the better

  2. Gorgonzola Cheese- I got it at Smith's: "Aged to 90 days to perfection" probably the WORST part about the salad... unless your a bleu cheese type fan...

  3. Blasamic Vinegarette- this I heard is the KEY to inducing labor

  4. Walnuts- I dont like nuts very much, but I put LOTS in.. its really helping with the choking the cheese down...

  5. Arugla- a leafy green added for taste

  6. Watercress- I couldnt find this at the store so my salad is watercress-less

I wish I could take a picture of my salad right now to show you how "delicious" it looks. I've resorted to plugging my nose with each bite (I'm telling you, its the cheese).

After finishing the salad, I will have tried everything but jumping on a trampoline. Oh and tonight's dinner is going to be very spicy.. HaHa, so if labor is indeed started tonight, I guess I wouldn't really be able to tell you what exactly did it...

4 comments:

  1. that is too funny! i have another method if you get desperate...involving herbs. dont you LOVE the try ANYTHING stage :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie! You don't know me but I am Kayden's cousin on his dad's side...we haven't met because I live up in northern UT. But anyways, just wanted to say hi and tell you I have been watching your blog for baby news!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, time to update the blog girl!! :) Lets see baby pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this salad when I was pregnant with Noah and it didn't work for me either! Keep up the great work with the blog! :D

    Jessica McCutcheon

    ReplyDelete