Saturday, August 22, 2009

IZAAK EDWIN CAMPBELL


When I was pregnant, Kayden and I went back and forth on baby names. We couldnt decide on Ethan or Khayl.. but then one day I thought of Izaak. We both liked it but it wasnt until I couldnt sleep one night (which happened a lot during the pregnancy), that I sat up really thinking about my baby and a name that would suit him. When I finally got my thoughts in order I woke Kayden up and told him the following:

"I have such good feelings about our son. I feel like Heavenly Father has really preserved his spirit until this time in the world when he can truly live up to every expectation the Father has for him and be an elite Son of God. And that's why I want his first name to be Izaak.

"I think we should name his middle name Edwin cause, well first we already told my dad we would, but that way my dad will have a little name sake.. but not only my dad, but me too, cause my dad and I are so much alike. So his middle name will be Edwin but it will REALLY mean Strickland, haha... ya following me? (kayden barely utters "yea" at this point..) And so by naming him Edwin, we'll be blessing him with the characteristics my dad and I share- like a strong will, a sound mind, a charming personality, and well the list goes on really... haha

"THEN obviously his last name will be Campbell BUT that will give him all of the Campbell attributes and a name to live up to- like faith and a desire to be like his dad and serve a mission and to serve God continually, to live close to the spirit, and stuff.."


At this point, Kayden fell back asleep, but when he woke up I recapped and his argument for khayl was NOTHING compared to my thesis of a name... of course I probably jinxed myself, and Izaak could very well turn into a burley naked-woman-drawing tatoo artist or something but... that's his choice.
I just cant deny the feelings I had and still have about my son: I know that he -like all of us- is a child of God, with a special spirit, and endless potential. And I hope that I can be the mom that he needs and as he gets older, help him realize who he is and help him to be able to live with God again someday.
PS- and why didnt I tell anyone the name we had thought of? Because I didnt want to hear "EWw i HAte that nAME!" or "...ohh.. thats.. an ...interesting name", etc. PLUS i wanted to make sure that when I saw him, it felt right, soo.. hope that answers some questions.

7 comments:

  1. It's cool to know the story behind his name! Gregg and I don't like to share the name we are going to use for the same reasons. If fact, Dad is always asking me to tell him the name, so while I was pregnant with Jonas, I told him a few of the names we were considering, and he made a face (albeit subtle) about one of them! So, I'll probably never share the name early with anyone again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I love earing about everyone's experience's (even the gross parts, I know, I'm strange)He is a doll and all I ever hear is that he is cuter every time Michelle and Clint see him. I can't wait to see him in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah you posted....of course we would all love the name no matter what. i think I have learned that even if you dont like the name, its not your kid so keep your mouth shut (advise we should give to all) and you are and will always be the mom that he needs, thats why the Lord gave him to you! Your a great example, thanks for sharing the story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the story! That was wonderful. Izaak is a sweetie pie and his name is perfect for him. You guys are such a sweet sweet family with all the right goals! Way to go!!! Give him a squeeze for me! Lov you and him!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izaak is so adorable! I love hearing the story behind the name. I agree with Janine, when someone says what they are planning on naming their baby, don't say you don't like it! Any opinions other than the mom and dad's don't really matter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize that I never commented about this. His name fits him perfectly. He looks like Izaak! He is so cute and I can't wait to see your next post with more pictures. I am sure you were just waiting for me to comment before you posted again. So-go ahead....do another post...we are all waiting. ha!

    ReplyDelete